Recognized as composing one of the Top 50 Piano Songs of All Time, Matthew Mayer’s music has resonated around the globe. His song “Beyond” was ranked #37 of ‘The 50 Top Piano Songs of All Time’ by Spain’s Reviews New Age Company. Joining the company of George Winston and David Lanz to name a few.
Mayer has released his 11th album, putting him in a league of piano artists whose music has reached the corners of the world, in addition to contributions to compilation albums, commercials, TV, and Film.
Matthew Mayer was twelve years old when he walked out the front door of his house, in Canistota, South Dakota (population 700), and skipped across the street, to knock on the door of Mr. Cooper. Art was Matthew’s first piano teacher….and he changed Mayer’s life.
“If there was one thing Art taught me, it was this….to play the notes on your soul, and not just the ones on the page…” – Matthew Mayer
Mayer would eventually go on to self publish his very first solo piano album “Crossing the Bridge” in the spring of 1999…at the age of 20. Fast forward to today, and Mayer’s music can be heard around the globe on Pandora, Apple Itunes, Amazon, and Spotify to name a few. His song Beyond has over 350,000 Views/Listens on Youtube, and continues to catch the ears of creative collaborates.
In 2017, Mayer reached Top 20 on Reverberation’s National Instrumental Charts, and is consistently #1 for Omaha and Regional Instrumental. He has toured with renowned artists including GRAMMY Nominated John Burke and Elijah Bossenbroek.
Matthew Mayer currently resides in Omaha, NE.
Highlights of Mayer’s Career include:
- “No Regrets” (from the Beyond album) featured in the motion picture “Earthwork” (directed by Chris Ordal, and starring academy award nominee John Hawkes).
- “Beyond” recognized by the International Acoustic Music Awards as a Top 10 Instrumental Composition.
- Gabriel Award Recipient for musical contributions with Mary’s Touch Radio in Austin, Texas.
- Telly Award Recipient for musical contributions to the music video “Born and Raised in Omaha”.
- Mayer is also the Owner and Founder of solopiano.com – one of the best piano websites available today, where well known artists like George Winston, GRAMMY winning artist Laura Sullivan, GRAMMY Nominated David Lanz, and Canada’s Got Talent Judge Stephen Mocchio, are all part of this platform.
- In 2016, before switching to a new radio host, Matthew’s piano radio station “The Stream at SoloPiano.com” hit the number 1 Ranking on live365.com of All Easy Listening Stations.
- In 2106 Mayer also produced a new Podcast available on iTunes called “Going Solo” interviewing artists and those who have set out on their own path.
- Attending the University of South Dakota, Matthew received his MBA, while taking formal piano coaching. After college, Mayer spent a semester co-developing and facilitating a course at USD called ‘The Business of Music.’ This course combined the departments of fine arts and the business school for a class focused on the music industry. After teaching, he moved to California to work at NBC’s entertainment television show Access Hollywood.